We would like to welcome you as a patient and to thank you for choosing Mercer Medicine—the multi-specialty physician practice of the Mercer University School of Medicine—for your health care needs. Mercer Medicine physicians strive to provide advanced primary and specialized care to patients throughout Central Georgia using the latest health care innovations, treatments and procedures.
Planning Your First Visit with a Mercer Medicine Physician
- We ask that you please arrive 15-30 minutes before your scheduled appointment time to allow you to complete any new patient information forms, if you have not already done so.
- If you need to cancel or reschedule your appointment, please call our office at least 48 hours prior to your scheduled appointment.
- Our patients' health, wellness and safety are our number one concern. As a result, smoking is not permitted in any Mercer Medicine facility. We understand this restriction can be difficult for some, and we appreciate your cooperation in keeping our facilities smoke-free.
A checklist of what to bring with you to your appointment:
- Insurance Information: Please bring your current insurance card or other required insurance information. If your insurance provider requires a referral, please bring referral numbers and forms with you.
- Patient Information Form: If you received your New Patient Packet forms prior to your appointment, please complete those and bring them with you to your appointment.
- Medical Records: Please have your medical records from your previous physicians transferred to our office before your scheduled appointment.
- X-Rays and/or Scans: If appropriate to your visit, please bring any available x-rays or scans with you or have them sent to our office before your scheduled appointment.
- List of All Medications: Please bring a list of all the medications you are currently taking or have taken recently. This includes over-the-counter or prescription medications and any vitamins or supplements. Please include the strength and dosage of each. For your convenience, you may download our Mercer Medicine Rx Med List Card to assist you with this task.
- A List of Personal Health Questions or Concerns: We understand it can be difficult to remember everything we want to ask or tell your physician so we encourage you to make a list of your symptoms, questions and/or concerns before you come to your appointment. Don't forget to bring the list with you!
After Your Visit
Please tell us how we are doing! At Mercer Medicine, we value your opinion and welcome your feedback regarding your experience with our staff and physicians. Please share your comments, concerns and/or suggestions via our online Patient Comment Form or by mail to the following address:
Director of Marketing
250 Martin Luther King, Jr., Boulevard
Macon, GA 31201