Mercer Medicine participates in the Georgia Registry of Immunization Transactions and Services (GRITS), which is designed to collect and maintain accurate, complete and current vaccination records to promote effective and cost-efficient disease prevention and control.
If you do not wish to share your health information as part of GRITS, please download and complete the Opt Out form and bring with you to your next appointment.
The Goals of GRITS
- Assure that all pesons in Georgia receive appropriate, timely immunizations to lead healthy, disease-free lives.
- Assist public health officials in assessing and improving community immunization status.
- Assist providers and public health officials in reminding individuals when they or their children need or are past due for vaccination(s).
- Assure access to up-to-date immunization records of Georgians.
- Assist providers in evaluating the immunization status of their patients.
- Avoid duplicate immunizations.
- Meet the needs of Georgia's Immunization Registry mandate.
- Provide a registry that is cost-effective, user friendly and efficient.